At German Motorworks, many motorists choose to visit us this time of year, and it's for a good reason: they want to make sure their vehicles are safe and ready to make their annual holiday road trips. Taking care of your car should be a number one priority before hitting the busy (and probably icy) roads this year! Our team of certified techs has enjoyed playing a part in helping our wonderful customers visit their friends and families by providing reliable services and thorough inspections.
With the holidays right around the corner, we thought we could share some exciting holiday travel facts.
- The three cities in the US that are most visited during the holidays are Fort Myers, FL, Cincinnati, OH, and Miami, FL.
- The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year, with over 37% of the people on the road traveling for Thanksgiving.
- 90% of travelers will drive to their destination of over 50 miles to celebrate, while only 7% of all travelers will choose to travel by plane.
- During the Thanksgiving travel period, the number of long-distance trips (more than 50 miles) increases by 54 percent than any other time of the year. For the Christmas/New Year's holiday period, that number increases by 23 percent.
- The highest number of DUIs and DWIs are between the Thanksgiving Holiday until New Year's Day. If you plan to drink during the holidays, please remember to do it responsibly. Never drink and drive; instead, have some other arrangements planned to get from one place to another safely.
Our team at German Motorworks wants you to be extra careful while driving during the holiday season! Before you embark on your holiday travels, don't forget to come to our shop for a pre-trip inspection.